Legal Affair

Power of Attorney (Mandate)

To obtain a warrant, the person concerned must come personally to the consulate with:

  • A valid passport (at least six months before the expiration date)
  • The name, number of the Fiscal Identity Card (NIF) or the National Identification Card (CIN) of the representative.

For all sales of land, buildings and others, the title deeds are payable. In the case of the sale of cars, the interested party must provide the following information:

  • Owner name
  • Description of the car
  • Serial number (VIN number)
  • Engine number
  • Vehicle brand
  • Color
  • Year
  • Number of cylinders and registration number if there is one.

Any foreign citizen, including descendants of Haitians born on foreign soil, must first present a letter of intent, that is to say a mandate written in French or English mentioning the essentials of the requested document. This letter must be notarized and certified by the County Clerk or Clerk or Secretary of State for the same County of residence as the Notary Public.

Legal Affairs


For adoption cases, the applicant, in addition to information about the proxy, must be able to provide the name, date and place of birth of the child.

To authorize the issuance of a passport to a minor in Haiti: the parent or legal guardian needs:

  • A valid passport (at least six months before the expiration date)
  • The name, date and place of birth of the child
  • The name of the representative with the number of his fiscal (NIF) or electoral identity card.

Birth Certificate

In accordance with article 10, paragraph B of the law of September 14, 1953 relating to consular services and in accordance with the Civil Code of the Republic of Haiti, the birth of children born abroad in our jurisdiction must be declared to the Consulate General of Haiti in Atlanta no later than 24 months after the date of birth.

If no parent can personally present their declaration to the Consulate General of Haiti in Atlanta, it is imperative that they give a power of attorney to a third party.

Required documents :

  • Original birth certificate of the child and a translated copy
  • Original birth certificate of the father or mother
  • Copy of Passport of the father or mother
  • Copy of Marriage Certificate if married

Death Certificate

Required documents :

  • Death certificate
  • Identity card issued by the government for the deceased


For sale of buildings, land, cars or other authorization, $50.00 for Haitian passport holders, $60.00 for naturalized citizens or foreign passport holders.

Pension mandates; $30.00 for Haitian passport holders and $30.00 for naturalized citizens.

To travel with a dog in Haiti, the owner in addition to his valid passport must produce the animal's vaccination record to prove that it is not a carrier of contagious diseases. Fee $35.00